Thursday, May 5, 2011

Love of a Family and Its Dynamics



Some people had the privilege of growing up in a loving and supporting family. Not so with many abused and neglected children. It is beyond belief and imagination to know that some people grew up in a family where there was no love, trust or peace, but hatred, mistrust, violence, betrayals, cheating and abuses of all types.

A person who grew up in a loving family environment, it is easy to pass the same to the next generation. Females who grew up in a loving family whether single family or not, learn to do the same in their own families. I look back in my own family now and though it was not a perfect family, people cared about each other deeply, sometime too much that I thought it was meddling in others businesses.

As I look back in my work as a therapist with abused and neglected children, I cannot even begin to imagine the pain, betrayals and not forgetting abuse that they had to go through to survive. Many of these children pass what they knew growing up to their own families. The circle of violence and abuse does not end unless and until one person says; enough is enough before it is too late.

Probably you are reading this and thinking why you are telling me this; my family was perfect, only sick people abuse their loved ones. The answer could be yes and/or no, but there is one thing you and I can do to make it better for someone who has either gone through that or does not need to go through that. You and I can create awareness, report abuse when you see or suspect it, or be a mentor to a child who needs support ant help.



0 comments:

Post a Comment